So – you’ve completed the Beginners’ Course and you’re now seriously addicted to kite surfing. It’s time to build on the basics and become a fully independent kite surfer.
Day 1 & 2 – Real Progression
The Supervised Session will allow you to continue your progress under the watchful eye of the instructor. It’s now down to you how far and how quickly you want to progress.
The sessions can be used to practice and learn how to ‘edge’ and ride upwind by using different board positions to surf – no more ‘walks of shame’ back up the beach!
By the end of the two days you will have completed the IKO kite surfing syllabus and will be, should be, able to be certified as a ‘Level 3’ rider.
From this point on, the rate at which you progress is largely up to you. In most places in the world being able to ride upwind means that you can rent equipment.
• Control the riding speed by edging
• Consistent riding in both directions
• Consistent riding in all directions including upwind
• Ride amongst other riders and water users and respect right of way rules
• Change of direction without stopping
• Self-rescue and full pack-down in the water
• Risk assessment and awareness of the riding area
• Self launch
• Make a toe side turn
• Know the theory and the safety rules for jumping
• Land a basic jump