Southern Cross Club Resort recognizes that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for guests and residents of Little Cayman.
The resort has been involved in CEPTS (Cayman Islands Environmental Programme for the Tourism Sector) programme since 2008 and was awarded the inaugural CEPTS Environmental Stewardship Award at the annual Cayman Stingray Awards in 2013. Southern Cross Club was one of the first resorts in the Cayman Island to become Green Globe Certified in 2010, the premier international certification for sustainability. The resort was recognized with recertification in 2013, identifying SCC as a foremost operation internationally and within the Cayman Islands for sustainability and conservation. The resort is currently the only Green Globe certified resort within the Sister Islands of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.
Little Cayman is a unique blend of elegance and rusticity that is rich in biodiversity and we are dedicated in every way we can to ensure the preservation and enhancement of the marine and terrestrial environments for the use of our guests, residents of the island and future generations.
To this end the resort is committed to taking action:
- To achieve sound and environmental practices across our entire operation
- To comply fully with all environmental laws and regulations
- To minimize our use of energy, water and materials of scarce supply
- To minimize the amount of air emissions, wastewater effluent, solid wastes and hazardous materials associated with our operations (pollution generated)
- To educate our guests and staff of the sensitive environmental conditions and acceptable activities within Cayman Islands
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect and enhance the environment
- To work with others in the tourism industry, in public agencies and the community to achieve wider environmental goals.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our environmental objectives
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to our employees, guests and interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental performance relative to our policies, objectives and targets
- To maintain a continued commitment to improved environmental practices